One of the most important choices a student needs to make when coming to study is where to live.
Tamesa has campuses in Christchurch, Ashburton, Timaru and Oamaru and each of these regions offers a range of accommodation options. Students may decide to go flatting, private board or live in homestay accommodation with a family.
For students wanting to study in Christchurch, our Ōtautahi House offers apartment style accommodation with other students in a flat share right across the road from our Christchurch - Madras Street campus.
Preference will be given to students enrolling in full time study, and those relocating to Christchurch for study from other regions.
International student accommodation
We encourage you to stay with a homestay family when you first arrive in New Zealand to study. A homestay provides a warm, family environment where you'll have your own room, share meals with the family and have the opportunity to practice your English every day. All of our homestays are carefully selected and supervised.
Our homestay services include:
- full inspection of all homes and interviews with host families
- airport pick-up
- police vetting of all host families
- a 'welcome pack' upon arrival
- banking assistance on your first day at Tamesa
- translators to assist communication
- follow-up meetings with you and your homestay family to ensure everyone is happy and comfortable